Please join Groundsmen Nick Thompson and Alan Brooks for the MSCC pre-season clean up sessions on Sat 2nd April and Sat 9th April. All ‘muscle’ greatly appreciated to help spring clean the pavilion and its surroundings.
The clean-up days will be Sat 2nd April and Sat 9th April – both with a 10am prompt start.
* * *
The Pavilion has had a Winter “make over”, courtesy of the Davenport Family.
We have new roofing on the loos and strongroom. The loos have been repainted and equipped with new basins, urinals and toilets.
The windows have been repaired and repainted, the changing rooms given a coat of paint and the showers have been refurbished (new showerheads, push button on/off controls and an antiscald device installed)
We are extremely grateful for these improvements and the onus is on the Club to continue to maintain the fabric of the building.
* * *
The water will only be turned on for the final shower installation on
Mon 4th April so cleaning that requires water i.e. BBQ , glasses, crockery etc cannot be undertaken until Sat 9th April .
Please note The loos will not be operational on Sat 2nd April – no water !
Looking forward to seeing everyone this Saturday
Nick & Alan
MSCC Pre Season Tasks
- Teak oil to Benches and slip cradle (already done by Alan)
- Clear Gutters front and back
- Brush leaves off Loo roof x 2 and strongroom roof (both renewed during Winter)
- Hoover Bar area and 2 changing rooms, then lay new(ish) carpets in both rooms (priority on Sat 2nd April)
- Cut back undergrowth behind Pavilion – sickle etc
- Cricket net – renew netting & trim grass at base of netting
- Put up MSCC Flag
- Check and clean Scoreboard and move position so visible from Pavilion.
- Clean BBQ (Sat 9th April only)
- Clean refurbished Loos (male and female) (Sat 9th April)
- Check Tea Urn working (Sat 9th April only)
- Glasses & Crockery cleaning (Sat 9th April only)